Wedding trip should be special. After all, this is not just a trip, but a kind of ritual. Are you considering where to spend your honeymoon and dream of an unforgettable vacation?
If you and your sweetheart appreciate thrills and love exciting adventures, but classic island vacations, beach holidays and serene solitude are not to your taste, then we offer to check out several creative directions for your honeymoon. Of course, you will need a car to enjoy them, so be sure to find and book it in advance. And also check our next part of Ideas for Newlyweds.
Scotland: Romance of the United Kingdom
The Great Britain has prepared a lot of romantic places for loving couples, but Scotland is especially worthy destination. Northern nature, proud people and, of course, ancient castles, surrounded by myths and legends about beautiful ladies and fearless knights. You can walk endlessly on the green hills and in the evening, warm up by the fireplace with your sweetheart and tell stories about ghosts.
Where to Stay?
Many Scottish castles are open not only for visiting, but also work as hotels, where you can both stay during a honeymoon, and also have a wedding.
- Ackergill Tower 5*: a luxury hotel located on the ocean shore in the castle of the XV century. Do you want to spend the first wedding night like a king? Then you’re welcome!
- The Eisenhower at Culzean Castle: the castle hotel stands directly above the cliff, so beautiful views are provided there. Very exquisite natures will be happy to explore many places associated with the life of the poet Robert Burns in the vicinity of the hotel.
- De Vere Venues Barony Castle 3: Affordable hotel situated just 40 minutes’ drive from Edinburgh. It occupies an old castle, in the middle of a huge estate, where no one will disturb you.
Fiji: Island exotics and beach paradise
Hiding from everyone in a tropical paradise – is this not a perfect honeymoon trip? Thus, Fiji would be a great choice. The small state consists of 300 islands, and only 100 of them are inhabited. The country is famous for its lagoons and magnificent beaches. If you are looking for unity with each other and with nature, fond of diving and other water activities, then this place is created especially for you.
Where to stay?
In Fiji, you’ll find the islands that have only 1-2 hotels on the territory, so no one will disturb you. For example, there are only 2 hotels on Denarau, 12 luxurious villas on Vatulele, a resort consisting of 30 villas on Vomo, and not more than 12 guests can relax on Wakaya Island at the same time.
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island 5*: the hotel is located just perfectly – the beach, a golf club and the airport are nearby, so you don’t have to waste precious honeymoon travel time for extra travels, and inside of the resort you’ll be able to use 4 restaurants, a bar, a tennis court, a swimming pool, spa and of course, a five-star service.
- Lomani Island Resort 4*: located on Malolo Lailai Islands, this hotel combines local flavor and well-thought-out amenities – 22 excellent air-conditioned rooms with modern furnishing, hi-tech equipment as well as a lovely restaurant and 7 kilometers of white sand beach will turn your wedding travel into a dream!
- Fiji Hideaway Resort and Spa 3*: a cozy hotel near the beach. It has only 15 rooms, so you don’t have to worry about your neighbors.
Keep up with the next portion of our luxury honeymoon places for you!